Terms and Conditions - Of Awards Entry
Last updated 28 March 2018
1. The National Pacific Business Trust Awards (Awards) are conducted by the Pacific Island Business Development Trust, a registered Charitable Trust # 306274 of 101C Station Road, Penrose, Auckland (PBT, we, us, our).
2. In these terms and conditions of entry (Terms), unless otherwise stated, a reference to "you" or "your" includes you in your personal capacity and as a representative of the business, as well as the business being entered into the Awards.
3. Nominated businesses will be eligible to enter the 2018 National Pacific Business Trust Awards (Awards) providing all of the eligibility criteria are met.
a. The nominated business or organisation MUST:
- reside in New Zealand;
- Be at least 50% owned by a Pacific person.
- For the purposes of the Awards, a Pacific person is one that is of Pacific descent and self identifies as a Pacific person.
- For the purposes of these Awards, people of Pacific descent are those who are from any of the islands in Polynesia, Melanesia and Micronesia, except for Aotearoa. This is according to the mandate for which the Pacific Business Trust is funded.
PBT reserves the right to verify your Pacific heritage at its sole discretion at any time.
b. The nominated business and business persons MUST NOT:
- be more than 50% owned by another business;
- be a government agency;
- be a commercial supplier to the 2018 Awards;
- have won an award in the same category in 2016. The nominated business can enter a different category in 2018;
- have an undisclosed criminal conviction
- have been registered and or declared bankrupt / insolvent
4. Instructions on how to enter and win the Awards as set out on this website form part of these Terms.
5. By submitting an entry:
a. you warrant that you are entering the Awards in your personal capacity and as a representative of the business; and
b. you agree to these Terms
Entry into the Awards is deemed acceptance of the Terms and will apply during the Period.
6. The Period commences when you submit an entry into the Awards, in accordance with clause 7 and ends on 31 December 2018 (Period).
7. In order to enter the Awards and be eligible to win, you must:
a. comply with the Terms
b. enter online at this website
c. submit your entry by the stated entry deadline. Special consideration extensions may be granted at Pacific Business Trust discretion.
d. make arrangements for your business owner(s) or founder(s) to be available to attend all Awards events and any associated activities (within reason).
8. We reserve the right to declare any entry ineligible if, during the Period, in the reasonable opinion of us or a sponsor of the Awards (Sponsor):
a. you and/or your business owner(s) or founder(s) are considered to be unable to present or promote the Awards in a satisfactory manner;
b. you and/or your business owner(s) or founder(s) have not complied with these Terms, the Guidelines or the eligibility criteria;
c. the entry form is incomplete; or
d. information provided by you is deficient, false, misleading, or provided unlawfully.
9. If required, you agree that your business premises will be available to us at an agreed time for us or a Sponsor or judge to conduct an inspection of the premises for the purposes of evaluating your entry in the Awards.
10. The Awards comprise the following six categories: Pacific Innovation Award, Pacific Social Enterprise Award, Pacific Business Award, Pacific Woman in Business Award, HATCHing Pacific Business Award, Pacific Impact Award.
Privacy and Marketing
11. We collect personal information (as defined under the Privacy Act 1988) and other information relating to your business operations in various ways, such as in the Awards entry form, on judging days, at site visits (if applicable), and in speeches and interactions with the support team to administer the Awards. Failure to provide the required personal and business information as requested, will prevent participate in the Awards.
12. By participating in the Awards in any way, you consent for us to use and disclose your personal information to our related entities, business partners, agencies, Sponsor and other third parties engaged to provide services in connection with the Awards in order to:
a. market to you in any way (including by email, SMS/MMS, mail, social media and telephone (even if your phone number is registered on the Do Not Call Register);
b. administer the Awards;
c. invite you to be part of our initiatives including case studies, polls/surveys and business opportunities
d. improve our related entities' or Sponsor’s products and services; and
You also agree that we and/or the judges or agencies may review publicly available information regarding you including websites, social media and media activity in assessing and judging your entry.
Promotion and Sponsorship
13. If your business is an Award finalist, the business owner(s) or founder(s) of your business or organisation agrees to attend all Awards presentation events and any other Awards events that we notify you about, and agrees to assist in promoting the Awards as required by us and the Sponsor for the event in which you are a finalist.
14. If your business is an Award winner, your business owner(s) or founder(s) agrees to be available for promotional appearances during the period for us and the Sponsors (Promotional Appearances). The Promotional Appearances will promote the Awards, us (including our products or services) and/or the Sponsors (including their products or services), and:
a. during each Promotional Appearance you or your representative must, if requested, verbally endorse us or the relevant Sponsor for the event;
b. we or the Sponsor will give you or your representative at least 7 calendar days’ notice of the time, date and location of each Promotional Appearance; and
c. for each requested Promotional Appearance, the party requesting the appearance will pay the reasonable travel and accommodation expenses for you or your representative.
15. You agree that we or our Sponsors may use:
a. your business or organisation logo, your business or organisation identity and you or your representative's personal identity anywhere in the world in any advertisement or other material which promotes the Awards or the products or services of us or the Sponsor; and
b. details about you and your business or organisation in printed, electronic and online/social media (as we or the Sponsor consider appropriate) in promoting the Awards and the products and services of us and the Sponsor, without compensation to you. Prior to using your business or organisation identity, your or your representative's personal identity, or details about you or your business or organisation, we or the Sponsor will obtain your prior approval, which you agree not to unreasonably withhold.
16. You agree to allow us and the Sponsors to contact you to provide comments about the Awards and to take photos or video footage of you, your business and your representative(s) (materials). In relation to the materials:
a. we and the Sponsors may use the materials for future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to you;
b. we and the Sponsors may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the materials at any time, anywhere, and by any means;
c. we and the Sponsors may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the materials to others to do the same;
d. you acknowledge that, by entering the Awards, you grant to us and the Sponsor on creation of the materials a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the materials for whatever purpose;
17. We are not liable, and expressly exclude liability for, any loss, injury or damage which results directly or indirectly from the Awards,
18. We are not liable, and expressly exclude liability for:
a. errors or omissions used in any Awards materials; and
b. defamatory, offensive or illegal content, whether caused through our negligence, our employees or independent contractors, or through any other cause.
19. You will at all times indemnify, keep indemnified, defend and hold harmless us and our respective officers, employees and agents (Indemnified Persons), from and against any loss (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liability incurred by any of the Indemnified Persons arising from any claim, demand, suit, action or proceeding by any person against any of the Indemnified Persons where such loss or liability arose out of, in connection with or in respect of any breach of these terms by you, and use of the materials and/or information supplied by you under these terms.
20. At any time during or after the period, we reserve the right to disqualify entries in the event for non-compliance with these terms.
21. If you, your business or your representatives are involved in any conduct or activity in any way (including of a personal or business nature) that:
a. is illegal;
b. is fraudulent;
c. may harm us, our name or reputation; or
d. breaches these Terms,
We may, in our discretion, withdraw any award and associated prizes that you have received. If requested by us, you agree to no longer publically promote yourself, your business or your representatives as being associated with the Awards, us or the Sponsor. This clause survives the expiration of these Terms.
22. If we (or the Sponsor) are unable to provide a winner with a nominated prize, we (or the Sponsor) reserve the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value. We accept no responsibility for any variation in the retail value of the prize pool.
23. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. We accept no responsibility for entries not received by us for any reason.
25. All entries become our property. We do not provide feedback on entries.
26. In our sole discretion, we have the right to alter or cancel part or all of the Awards at any time.
27. We are not liable for any loss, injury or damage which results directly or indirectly from the Awards, including the breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
28. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Terms and conditions of use apply to the prizes, and all prizes must be claimed by 31 December 2018.
29. Additional information may be requested from you by our Awards evaluators to support your submission
30. Additional information may be sought from a third party regarding your submission including but not limited to a credit history check or a customer referee. By entering the awards you consent to this being undertaken without your involvement.